Search This Blog

Monday, March 09, 2009

Really, what is that?

I don't know if this is deja vu or my energy's way of telling me when it's time to get off the computer, but earlier today, while I was in between reading and deciding whether or not I wanted to crochet or start on a stamp (I'll show you that disaster later) the question popped into my head suddenly-
'wtf is a gilkee?'

I have no idea why I wondered this or even what one was. But while browsing the Artfire forums, I came across BryanKite's studio and in it- there's a "Giclees" section.

Now, I know I was probably saying it all wrong, but I'm sure this is what I was trying to think of.
' GiclĂ©e' is an invented name for the process of making fine are prints from a digital source using ink-jet printing'. The name comes from the French word GICLEE (pronounced Zhee-Clay) that means “spray".
(taken from
[It's actually a lot more than just an ink-jet printing- i just took the simplified explanation and plunked it here. you can follow the link for a more in depth definition of what they are.]

They can be in color, like the one of BryanKite's that's shown above, or monochrome like the one below that I favor =-)

They're pretty interesting, if not that AND beautiful. Please click to check him out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your response to this post.