Search This Blog

Monday, March 09, 2009

Broken - a novel that appears to be better than the last.

After being disappointed by the last book i started to read, i thought i'd take a small break from novels and just stick to blogs for a minute, but my mom came home one day with this book and suggested that i might like to read it.
she hadn't read it herself, but she found it at work and thought i might like.

I'm not the mystery reading type, i prefer the inspirational fiction - oh, it looks rough but it's sure to be better and then we all live happily ever after type novel.

This one is authored by Martina Cole, from Essex.

I love the mention of birds and blokes, buggers, and Old Bill ( i seriously thought that bill was some one's father until i caught on, lol).

It's a bit longer than what i'm used to (more than twice as many pages). But not having to return it to the library in a couple of weeks is going to make this a nice and easy read, i think.

Have you read this or any of Martina Cole's other books?

3 comments:

  1. Glad I saw your post! I'm always looking for recommended reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I read lit fic or really old stuff I find at the local college book drive. From like the 1900's. Much more interesting really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all a matter of opinion =-)
    I also love books that are set in way back when- The Observations by Jane Harris is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Share your response to this post.