Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A couple new books

So, i finally finished up Undertow by Lorena McCoutrney. it was okay...
There were more than a few references to faith and poetic justice that i wasn't expecting, but all in all, it was nice.
even so, i don't think that i'll be ready any of her many books any time soon. with similar covers and similar names (Undertow, Riptide,Whirlpool)
(I later found out that she's a "Christian Mysteries" writer) lol

I picked up a couple different books from the library last night:
and

The Doctor's Wife caught my eye while whizzing around Walmart one night about a month ago. After reading a bit of it in the store, i went home and requested it from the library and it finally came last weekend. I guess it's pretty good (with 4 out of 5 stars on amazon and a couple people having it on hold at the library after me) so i'll be starting with this one first.

Thinking that i might whiz through the first book, i picked up the second, just because I had time and the cover caught my eye. (i'm SUCH a judger by the cover;)
It reminded me of a book i read a long time ago - just because it was set in a long ago time period and the wording seemed a bit romantic, The Observations by Jane Harris. I absolutely loved that book!

anyway- it has only 2.5 stars on amazon, but i'm still hoping that it's not a dud. if so- i'll be looking for The Vanishing Point next.

Have you read any of these books? Let me know what you think, with out giving them away of course ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your response to this post.