Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Almost a What not to crochet!

I'm going to give thanks to this Your Ugliest FO thread on ravelry for preventing my from making yet another Ugliest FO.

Here was my contribution to the thread.

I made this shrug a long time ago, hoping that it would give me something colorful to add to my Etsy shop. Fortunately, it did not.

In a previous post, I mentioned that I would be using this month's C4L challenge (using granny squares or motifs) to make a bag that inspired by my favorite all purpose bag.

I was hoping that I would be able to carry my creation with the same pride that I do when I carry the other, but after mapping out the design, i decided that i best turn around and or stop before things got any worse (i.e. assembled)

I think the colors are just too much. Next time, i think i'm going to do one huge granny square in a nuetral color, like off white and then try 'applique-ing' my design on.

If I weren't afraid of running out of time on this challenge, I would do it sooner rather than later, but i am afraid, so I'll save it for another day. =-(

Now, it's back to searching Crochet Pattern Central for granny squares that will arrange into something easily.

I have to say, I am a bit disapointed in myself for this project failure. But! on the bright side, I am one step closer to making the bag I invision AND I stopped myself from making another horrid crocheted... thing

2 comments:

  1. Been there done that many times..and sometimes I feel that way and it ends up being ok..LOL It will come to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that almost making the mistake of having the too brightly colored squares as the background has cleared up my idea- i've got it now! but it'll have to wait, lol

    ReplyDelete

Share your response to this post.