Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

That book wasn't bad!

After finally getting to the last page of Broken, by Martina Cole, i have to say that i was pleasantly surprised by this novel. It was well written (of course, I could have told you this early on, as it was a best seller) and had me feeling like i knew the characters and wondering what they'd do next. At first, i thought that this mystery was too complicated for the likes of me. I'm used to nice little books like Sister North by Jim Kokoris, Sara's Song by Fern Michaels, and other books in which a happy ending is obvious from the start.

This book began with one complicated scene and went on to the next and the next, but the frequent page breaks- often used to focus from one going on to the other made this read pretty easy. I didn't have to try and force myself to make it to the end of the chapter for fear of waking up and not remembering what was going on when i left off.

I so enjoyed this book. Martina Cole isn't an author that I'm going to easily find in my local library- i think I've only found one of her other books listed, but, i really did enjoy reading enough to be willing to actually buy her books and keep them on my own shelf.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your response to this post.