Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Still Pluggin Along Here

What feels like forever ago, some one was looking for a specific type of hat here online, but was unable to find it. That some one stumbled upon my Artfire studio and a hat that was quite similar, but still not quite what he was looking for, so we decided to work it out.

He wanted a hat with a hard bill and small stitches in a custom size and I accepted the challenge.

(The first draft of the hat)

This one was a bit smaller than we would have liked. I didn't forsee the bend in the bill taking some of the measurement off and making it a bit tighter than with out one, so I re-did it.

(The final Version)

This one is a bit bigger than before- I made a different bill for this one. Honestly, I liked the first one better and will probably try to duplicate the look of it later on.

I wound up making the hat twice and getting about 3 extra bills out of the proccess, so now I think I'm going to try a short billed beanie with what I have.

Who knows- a signature product may have been born out of this whole experience.

--

I'm starting to hear that the weather is changing outside of my little las vegas world. While i've been wishing that that were the case here- (mainly while walking my son to and from school with the sun blazing and sweat pouring), I haven't really been preparing for this year's cold weather season.

I'm looking forward to going totally store and shop wide with free shipping. It's going to take a few days to get there, though, with my 100+ items up for sale.

I've refreshed this Fall Handbag in my studio:

You can find this purse here with free shipping!

Be sure to be on the look out for that feature along with new seasonal items!

1 comment:

  1. hat looks great... I like the first one too :) Will be cool to see what you come up with next. It has been cooling down here a bit but this last weekend was Nice! Hoping to get to vegas again this year and hoping it is not too hot there when we do :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your response to this post.