Search This Blog

Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Bit About Me




I absolutely love to crochet! =-)
I've known how to for a while but recently, I've felt the need to get more serious about it and to be more productive with it.
here I'll share some of my work and feelings on it.
I like working on smaller projects that can be completed quickly. I love the almost instant gratification they give. I'd have to say that the best thing about crocheting is knowing that the work you've done is appreciated. Nothing feels better than knowing that my time wasn't wasted on a project. Crochet is like candy- I'm SO hooked!


I have been crocheting since I was about 13 years old. I am now a 24 year old Stay at Home Mom to a 5 year old who is practically one third of my life. The other two being my family and crocheting.
My aunt showed my the basics of crochet but I knew that there was so much more to learn and thus my quest to make anything crochetable began. I taught myself how to read patterns. I think I'm pretty good at it. (I'm hoping you'll agree). I love knowing that whether it's being cooked, baked, crocheted or simply made by me, my hard work and attention to that particular thing is appreciated.

Can ya tell that i love being appreciated? lol

I'm a new spinner who has a drop spindle and a bit of wool to play with and perfect some spinning techniques. Watch out spinning world when I do get it down!
I'm starting to want to venture into other crafts and handmade realms, so you may see a bit of wire working, gardening, zine writing, carving or what ever else is able to spark a fancy in me.